Forum Discussion

RodSha
Experienced User
4 years ago

Import of revised Hourly Rate did not work

We have an annual pay increase, I exported the card date, updated the payrates and some information in Custom Field 2

Prior to doing it on the online file I did it on a backup copy of the company file to check everything would work and everything worked fine. 

The import on the online file stated 171 records imported zero errors

However all the Custom Field 2 changes have been  applied, but NONE of the pay rates have been updated with the new payrates, they still show the old rate

FDpoes anyone know why?

• Hi RodSha 

Thanks for providing additional details.

I've gone through your import files and the pay rate is not getting updated because there is no column to specify whether the rate is salary-based or hourly. I've attached a sample of the amended import file with the column for Pay basis and using that figures will update as expected.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. 

• Hi RodSha 

I've replicated the situation in some of our sample files and the hourly rate was imported as expected. As it did not update for you correctly the first time, can you try the import again but just to update the pay rate as the custom fields have already been imported.

You also mentioned that the import worked without any issues in the backup copy, therefore, can you try turning off antivirus and firewall, and try the process again. This will rule out any interference caused due to third party apps.

If it does not work, please attach the import file here after removing all the sensitive employee data so we can investigate further. 

RodSha
      Experienced User

Part two of email

Attached is the upload file with bank details less personal information

Also attached is the export post upload

Please note that staff who are on $25.20 had no increase in salary, so to compare upload to post export you will need to select other pay rates.

Thanks for any help ytouy can provide

Komal_S
        MYOB Staff

Hi RodSha 

Thanks for providing additional details.

I've gone through your import files and the pay rate is not getting updated because there is no column to specify whether the rate is salary-based or hourly. I've attached a sample of the amended import file with the column for Pay basis and using that figures will update as expected.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this.