Forum Discussion

14 days ago

Top level header account incorrect balance

My top level expense header account has an amount which does not reflect the total of all expense accounts combined, it has a lower value than it should.

I closed my file for the 2024 financial year and as expected, the detailed expense account values zeroed, however ALL expense header account values have remained. I followed the process of changing a header account to detail then back again, and that worked to zero out the header accounts, except for the top level header account (because of course, I can't edit that account). Zeroing out the other header accounts also did not change the value in the top level header account.

Interestingly, when I closed the 2024 financial year, the top level expense header account became a negative value.

P.S yes I did backup my file just before I closed the 2024 financial year.

Many thanks

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi E-Smith,

It's interesting how your expense accounts are not zeroed out right after closing your financial year. Your issue seems to be very unusual. While waiting for insights from other users, it might be best to create a support ticket from the My Account page. 

Regards,

Genreve

E-Smith

It’s very strange! Will send off a support ticket, thank you 

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi E-Smith,

You are always welcome! If you need any assistance in the future, please feel free to post again.

Regards,

Sai