Forum Discussion

PetCity
Contributing User
2 years ago

Access a closed company file

Hi

I need to access a MYOB company file for a business that closed 5 years ago.

We have a current (online) subscription for another business, but I need to access reports from the closed business file.

I do not know what version was being used at the time & we are no longer paying a subscription for the old business.

Please help.

• Hi PetCity 

The .myox file can be opened with the recent version of AccountRight, but we would need your serial number or client Id to check the version it would be compatible with. If you have this information, please send it via Private Message. The instructions for restoring a company file are given in this help article. 

Update: Restored the backup locally 

• Hi PetCity 

If the closed company file was offline, you should be able to restore the backup file and access it locally. If the file was online, please send us your product serial number by Private message, and we'll check if we have any backups.

PetCity
      Contributing User

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I am unsure how to restore the backup file (we do not have a current subscription for this co. file & I do not know what version it was using)

Are you able to help?

Cheers

Komal_S
        MYOB Staff

Hi PetCity 

Are you able to locate the backup file and if it's in .zip format, extract the contents and check if the file is in .myo or .myox extension ?