Forum Discussion

Niv
Contributing User
9 days ago

Pay Run recorded twice?

Hi,

My PC MYOB crashed! So I went to the online version and recorded the Pay run, but after a few minutes, it said that it was not done, and I had re-recorded the same pay run. How is this even possible?

It says that I have 2 identical pay runs.  

• Hello Niv,

You no longer need to process another pay run. Since the pay run has been reported to the ATO, all you have to do is reverse the one duplicated pay run only. Just check this link for more information. MYOB AccountRight crashes when you're trying to resume a pay run and you've changed any details in the payroll area. If that's the case, then all you need to do is start a new pay run. If not, you can clear your AccountRight cache and process the next pay run on MYOB AccountRight.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey Niv,

You can either delete or reverse the duplicated pay run depending on the status of it under STP reporting window. After deleting or reversing, verify your Payroll Activity Summary and Payroll Register reports to confirm they reflect the correct figures. You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Niv
      Contributing User

Hi,

So if I understand you: I need to enter the pay run - and then for each employee to click "reverse pay" and at the end of this process I'll have 3 pay runs: 1 in minus 2 in plus right? 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hello Niv,

You no longer need to process another pay run. Since the pay run has been reported to the ATO, all you have to do is reverse the one duplicated pay run only. Just check this link for more information. MYOB AccountRight crashes when you're trying to resume a pay run and you've changed any details in the payroll area. If that's the case, then all you need to do is start a new pay run. If not, you can clear your AccountRight cache and process the next pay run on MYOB AccountRight.

Best regards,

Doreen

Niv
    Contributing User

Sadly it has been reported to the ATO.

But this is the second time MYOB crashes when I try to return to a saved draft on the pc version of MYOB.

Without the online version, No payroll could be paid?  is there an issue with that version?