Forum Discussion

Lehan_Aus
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago

Is there any way to change a non-inventory item with Purchase and/or Sales History to an Inventory Item?

I have been producing some custom products for business customers, exactly according to their orders. If they order 50, I have been making 50. i.e. I have not been holding inventory stock of either t...
    4 years ago

Hi Lehan_Aus 

When I Inventory this Item is enabled the system tracks the current value and quantity on hand amounts for the cost of sales amounts and other aspects. If an item has not been enabled with I Inventory This Item upon setting up that item and transactions have used that item, the system hasn't tracked that information thus can't determine the current value/quantity on hand. As a result, you are not able to enable I Inventory This Item on a current item. 

If you are needing to enable I Inventory This Item for a pre-existing item the options would be:

• Delete all sales, purchases and inventory adjustments that use that item before enabling that option and re-recording those transactions.
    • Create a new item with that preference enabled and inactivate the old item.