Forum Discussion

8 days ago

Card File Balances incorrect

Hi Guys, 

I'm just wondering how to fix customers card files showing the incorrect balance?

I have multiple customers in my system showing negative balances however we do not owe them any money and there is no credits in there for them, 

it is annoying because they show up when I'm doing end of month statements so I have to select around them.

I have seen other posts in the community about others with the same problem however the only solutions seem to be sending 3 screenshots of different things for the customer but we have 130 customers in our system that have this problem so having to screenshot and send all of them would be very time consuming.

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi hs1145,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the incorrect balances showing on your customers' card files. To resolve this, please follow these steps:

Double check if the card is out of balance by running an Aged Receivables Detail or Summary report dated 31/12/9999. Confirm if there is any out of balance amount on the report for that specific card. If the report shows an OOB, review the transactions that may have caused it, such as duplicates or incorrect entries. 

On the card, drill into the arrow next to the balance and check if there are any open transactions that match the card balance. If the open transactions equal the balance, then the card is not out of balance.

Check for the incorrect credit notes that might have been added to the card. Sometimes credit notes are incorrectly applied and closed instead of reversing the actual invoices, which can cause this issue.

Once you've confirmed the above and the card still shows as OOB, please contact our live chat agents through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via MyAccount. Our team can run a script on the file to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Sai