Forum Discussion

Diamond0
Experienced User
2 years ago

Supplier invoice is prefilled from an InTray document not picking up duplicates

Hi Myob

Ihave found that when a supplier invoice is prefilled from an InTray document, the supplier invoice number isn’t checking to see if its already been used.  I don't think the “Warn for duplicate supplier invoice number” is triggering if the supplier invoice number has already been used.

How do I fix this?

• Hi Diamond0

I have noticed the same problem and it does seem to be a bit of hit or miss. This is not only with AccountRight it has been a problem with MYOB ever since (well for as long as I can remember).

I commented on this so if you get a resolution to the problem, I would like to know what the solution is.

Cheers

Neil Doran

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Diamond0 and Don_Davis

Thanks for posting your concerns in the forum. 

I could understand the need to have all bills have a unique transaction number. In my understanding, creating a bill from the Intray window would route you to the same window when creating a bill without any Intray documents. The transaction number in that window is auto-filled and will follow a sequence unless changed. May I get you to attach a screenshot of this in your next response for us to investigate (duplicate transaction number bills)? Any additional information will be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,

Genreve

Diamond0
      Experienced User

Genreve_S  Can you please complete a test and but in the same bill twice using the intray and you will see there is no warning that they are duplicates.

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Diamond0

Thank you for your response and for pointing out the issue. 

I believe we are referring to the Supplier Inv Number instead of the purchase number. I am sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately, the application does not have a way to detect duplicates for Supplier Invoice Numbers. It only allows to detection of duplicates for Purchase numbers.

I could understand how there are a lot of use cases where duplicate Supplier Inv Number alerts would be useful. Rest assured we will raise this to the development team as a suggestion. 

Thanks,

Genreve