Forum Discussion

9 days ago

EOFY Payroll Finalisation fix errors

I have two errors i need to fix to complete EOFY finalisation

1. I have an error on week 2 of the financial year where two employees had personal leave. Looks like the STP2 Reporting code was not set up correctly as STP did not report the personal leave pay. All other weeks are fine for this code so it must have been updated after this occurred. How do I update STP reporting for this single pay for the personal leave.
  2. I have another week where payroll was duplicated run twice for same pay period. My bookkeeper deleted the duplicate in MYOB however this did not delete or reverse the payment in STP. As such the duplicate payrun does not appear in MYOB so I can't do a reversal process to fix STP. How do I reverse in STP reporting only???
  • ATO reporting for that week doesn't show category "Other paid leave" and in my payroll there was $193.50 in this category.

Payroll Summary MYOB

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi CrisWheels,

Thanks for the info and the screenshots! If your payroll register and payroll activity report don't match your EOFY YTD verification report, and the difference is $193.50 for that specific pay period, you can either reverse the pay and reprocess it with the correct amount or adjust the next pay specifically for personal leave.

For the duplicate pay run, if it shows up in the STP report but you don't have two pay runs for that week in MYOB, there's no need to worry. Just make sure your payroll activity, register reports, and EOFY YTD verification report all match. If they do, then you’re all set!

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

CrisWheels

For the personal leave scenario you suggest I can either reverse the pay and reprocess it with the correct amount??? The payrun is correct per the screenshot STP is not correct eg. it hasn't picked up the Other Paid Leave. Are you suggesting I simply reverse the pay and reprocess the same and hope STP picks it up correctly???

I can't process in another payrun as It needs to be correct for EOFY Finalization and the employee is no longer with us.

For the other issue with a duplicate Payrun, no they don't match the MYOB reports and the EOFY YTD report, that's how I knew there was a problem. Eg STP has 1 week more pay for last financial year than was paid to employees so I can't finalize EOY payroll reporting for employees.

• I've tried your first suggestion but the ATO reported payroll for the week mentioned is short the personal leave amount. I will go and change the Pay Item save again and send an update to STP.

the duplicate pay run IS in the STP report however I don't have two payruns for that week in MYOB, which I assumed was deleted directly in MYOB. As such I can't simply select the duplicate payrun and reverse it???

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CrisWheels,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Thanks for detailing the issues you're facing with STP. The first error with the STP2 reporting code for personal leave, you can usually fix this by updating the personal leave details and then sending an update event to notify the ATO of the changes.

Regarding the duplicated payroll, you can't delete a pay run if it's reported to the ATO, but you can reverse it. So, the duplication in your STP reports likely isn't reported to the ATO. I'd suggest checking your payroll activity and register reports to make sure they match your EOFY YTD verification report. Start with sending the update event before cross-checking the reports. If there's a difference, you'll need to carefully review the reports and entries to resolve it. For more info, please check this Help article: Fixing a Pay.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess