Forum Discussion

4 years ago

STP report rejected - ATO error code SBR.GEN.AUTH.008

I have had no hassles with STP reporting in AccountRight 2020.2 and 2020.3 ... until two weeks ago. I have just checked my reports for four clients (one using 2020.2 and three using 2020.3). All repo...
    BASnBusiness
    4 years ago

I spent considerable time this morning with a MYOB Help operator. We checked all sorts of settings and spent quite a lengthy period looking at what could have been wrong. The call ended with the suggestion that I ring the ATO for further assistance. 

I have now rung the ATO help line and luckily had the most helpful woman I’ve ever experienced at the ATO!!!! She asked me to check the MYOB Software ID that was displayed on their website for MYOB and compare it with that shown in MYOB - the ATO ID was different from that shown on my MYOB files. She informed me that I needed to update the ID through Access Manager to match that now showing in MYOB and remove the old version. Having done that, I have now been able to successfully lodge an STP report. I was unaware that Software IDs change and need to be updated through Access Manager - perhaps that is something that needs to be included in MYOB’s help system, because if it is there already, I certainly couldn’t find it!!